Sunday, October 07, 2007

New! Jelly Yarn Bottle Tote KIT

My first crochet kit debuts at the Stitches East conference in Baltimore THIS WEEK! It will be available at Booth #314
during the conference and then permanently available at the Jelly Yarns website.

I'm always using water bottle totes here in the subtropics and of all the totes I've used, Jelly Yarn is ideal material. It stretches to fit the widest range of bottle sizes and scrunches down small to fit in my purse. It's strong and indestructible! The transparent colors make me thirsty when the sun shines through!

The kit does not include the beads, buttons, or ribbons that you see in this photo, these are just experimental styles (I took this photo back when I was considering teaching a class in using Jelly Yarn because I consider this pattern to be an easy learning project.) The kit DOES provide 2 patterns--for a smaller tote using fine weight Jelly Yarns (all water bottles under 1 liter) and a larger one using the bulky weight JY.

The larger tote on the far right is clear with gold flecks ("Honey Gold Bulky") and it reminded me of champagne so I dressed it up as a wedding/anniversary champagne/wine tote.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea, love the jelly yarn!! -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 PM

    those are awesome, Vashti! when will the kits be available? i just might have to make a couple of those, lol...and are those flowers the little thing made for crocs, or just buttons?? awesome job :))

    ~christi :)
    virginia - from CP :)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!