Friday, November 17, 2006

Private Flaming, my Solution

I'm a member of a LOT of internet forums and discussion lists, and the downside is the occasional nasty email I get, sometimes privately ("offlist"). This is marginally related to crochet designing because many of these lists are crochet and/or design-related. Today I invented a way to deal with unwelcome offlist emails: I email the person back with this message, below. If you want to use it too, feel free as long as you include the last line with my name and copyright.

****AUTOMATED EMAIL****

****PLEASE DO NOT REPLY****

YOUR EMAIL TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS HAS BEEN REJECTED DUE TO ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING FATAL ERRORS:


--flaming

--rudeness

--threats

--slander

--irrational or inappropriate criticism

--general mean-spiritness


As a special feature of the beta version of this software, any memory of your message has been permanently deleted so that any future communications can begin with a clean slate.


If you feel your message has been blocked in error, choose your words more carefully next time and try pausing before hitting the "Send" button.

Thank you and have a better day.

Powered by Stressblocker v1.0.0 Beta
c2006 Vashti Braha

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that Crochet skills are still alive. I haven't done it for over forty years. Perhaps I should start again!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's perfect. I don't get many of these but I'll use it if necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:31 PM

    I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:57 AM

    Perfect! As a list owner and a moderator of a few other groups, I sometimes get unpleasant "offlist" messages. In future I will reply with your smartly created respons

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!